I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Joanne Sheppard, a beauty/lifestyle/fashion blogger from the UK, and Katherine from Series of Serendipity. Thank you, Joanne and Katherine! :) <3
The Liebster Award is a blogger appreciation initiative for new blogs with under 200 followers. Nominated bloggers answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them, then choose five other new bloggers and eleven new questions to pass on the love!
Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger.
Choose five bloggers with under 200 followers to pass this award to and link them in your post.
Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers.
Go to their page and tell them about the nomination.
No tag backs!
Here are my answers to the 11 questions Joanne asked:
1. Where is Your Favourite Place?
I’ve been a lot of places around the world, and I love them all for unique reasons. I’d have to say that my favourite place overall is Venice, Italy. It’s so beautiful and full of history. A city with no cars, lots of water, and beautiful gondolas (with some admittedly beautiful gondoliers), visiting Venice is like stepping back in time. It’s so easy to forget worries there, and I love how magical it feels.
2. What is Your Biggest Dream?
Hmm, do I dare admit it? My biggest dream is to be happy and healthy, and to have a career that I love. I read an awesome quote once, I can’t remember who it is by, but it says that your career should be one that the thought of taking a vacation from it disgusts you.
3. One Make Up Thing You Hate Doing?
I can’t stand removing my nail polish. I absolutely hate it. Remover stinks like dead cheese, feels like it’s eating my fingertips, and makes my nails get all sensitive. But I love having my nails painted so I have to deal with it.
4. If Suddenly got 1 Million Pounds What Would You Do With It?
I’m Canadian, so I would change it to Canadian dollars and have more than a million dollars. :P But what would I spend it on? I’d give part of it to my parents and grandparents, put away like $30,000 for my cousins’ future university funds, and put the rest in the bank to save for a house or a business.
5.Would You Rather Find The Cure For Cancer or Solve World Hunger?
I’d rather solve world hunger because scientists are already working on cancer and are more likely to succeed at that than solving world hunger.
6. If You Had The Chance To Be Famous, Would You Take It?
It depends on what I’d be famous for. If it was for something positive like music or this blog (both things I already do), then sure, why not? But if it was for something bad, then absolutely not. I’ll take happy anonymity over unhappy fame any day.
7. Favourite Band?
All-time: The Beatles
Currently: The Script. <3<3
8. One Thing You Want To Do This Summer?
Complete my first co-op work term at a tech company! I’m over halfway done now.
9. Favourite TV Show?
Project Runway because I love seeing the pure creativity those designers possess.
10. Your ‘Staples’ In Your Wardrobe?
High-waisted shorts, high heels for every outfit, and dresses. Lots and lots of dresses.
11. Your Happiest Moment?
I don’t have a single happiest moment, and I think it would be unfair to all the other moments to name just one. :P
And from Katherine’s questions:
1. What’s been your favorite summer trend so far?
2. What’s your favorite brand?
For jewelry, Kate Spade. Heels, Michael Kors. Outerwear, Burberry.
3. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t have a single fashion icon, I prefer to take bits of style from many people. I really admire Grace Kelly, though.
4. What is in your purse right now that you can’t live without?
My camera! Since I started blogging this is one thing I never leave home without.
5. What is your favorite color to wear?
I really love electric purple, that one that’s so electric you’re not sure if it’s blue or purple.
6. What’s your favorite thing to cook or bake?
Tiramisu! It doesn’t require any actual heat and is the perfect fix of sweet, creamy, chocolatey, coffee goodness.
7. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog in the next six months?
I’m not sure! Trendy Techie is so much fun and I’ve met a lot of cool people already in the two and a half months I’ve been writing it.
8. What piece of advice do you have for any other bloggers starting out?
Check, double check, triple-quadruple-quintuple-check your posts before you post them. Quality is the most important thing.
9. What’s your favorite movie?
The Princess Bride!
10. What is your biggest accomplishment?
Being able to honestly live without regrets. So far.
11. Where has been your favorite place you’ve traveled?
It’s neat that this last question is so similar to Joanne’s first one. Venice!
These are the lovely blogs I’ve chosen to pass the nomination on to! Check them out, they’re all really great and unique.
And here are the 11 questions for the fab five above.
- Why did you start your blog?
- If you could do anything in the world and get paid an absurdly good amount of money for it, what would it be?
- If you could invent a new piece of technology or a new app, what would it be?
- You can choose one of the following exotic animals to have as a pet: anteater, flying squirrel, emu, or jellyfish?
- Would you rather be famous (in a good way) and really ugly, or extremely beautiful and unknown?
- Mac or PC?
- If you had to choose to only have a son or only have a daughter, which would you choose and why?
- Given the chance, would you go into outer space?
- What’s your biggest irrational fear?
- What’s your favourite book?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
Thank you Katherine and Joanne for nominating me, I love this initiative and hope my fab five will pass it on to another 25 fantastic new bloggers.