Welcome to my device closet! I post a lot about my actual closet, but as a tech collector a good deal of my room is taken up by devices so I thought I’d give you a tour of my favourite tech!
ThinkPad – my current go-to machine. It’s my favourite because it’s a touch screen running the beautiful Windows 8, and its screen swivels and folds to become a tablet! I’m in love with it.
- HP laptop – also running Windows 8. I like it, but it’s outdated. But my experience with HP has always been positive, so it lives on.
- MacBook Pro – my artistic, moody second screen. I used to be obsessed with this machine, but now I find its 15-inch, heavy frame impractical to cart around with me. When it comes to photo and video editing, I’m in love with the MacBook’s options. I usually use this at home to retouch my pics and update my sites, while my ThinkPad takes on the more code-intensive work.
- Surface Pro 2 – My goodness do I ever love this machine. More of a laptop than a tablet, this device is my favourite one to bring to events and conferences. It’s fast, intuitive, and syncs to my ThinkPad so I can do everything I have on there, on a smaller screen.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 – this one is definitely a tablet, but it still competes with the entertainment and portability of the Surface. I love how light it is and how the stylus sits inside the body. This was my first tablet and it’s a great travel companion!
- iPad 2 – Do I need to explain it? A giant iPhone, I don’t use this very much because it’s very entertainment-oriented, and all the games I need are on my phone.
- iPhone 4S – I’ve had iPhones for years now, and don’t have many complaints. The home button is quite worn down now and only works 50% of the time, so I occasionally want to throw it at something hard and spiky, but the apps on this phone and the text history I have on it are worth keeping it around.
- Nokia Lumia 800 – It’s old and outdated (still running Windows Phone 7 OS), but man does it have killer business functionality. I love the WP interface, and I can’t live without the calendar integration this provides! On any given day you can find me with both the Lumia and the iPhone in my purse.
- Samsung Galaxy Note – It’s very big, but I love the customizability of the Android interface. That and the fact that it syncs to the tablet!
- iPod Touch – I rarely use this nowadays since my iPhone has all my music on it too, but it’s definitely a good portable music device, especially when working out.
- Sony NEX-5R Camera – my baby! She comes to every event with me and is my go-to for all lighting conditions. It’s the best of all worlds with its touch screen and wifi capability, and it has this gorgeous feature that autocorrects skin tones in portraits! Perfection.
dress – Betsey Johnson (one of my all-time favourite dresses! I’ve had it for years)
red shoes – Valentino
tan shoes – Gucci
purse – Jeanne Lottie